i went to that website also , i won the wii so cant take it back lol
I've had one for 6 months or so and it never gets hot after 3-4 hrs of play like my 360 does. I woulld contact Nintendo, most times of reading of this on various video game borads you will have one in a week and return that one.
i went to that website also , i won the wii so cant take it back lol
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shwalker32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i went to that website also , i won the wii so cant take it back lol </div></div>
Just a thought- the vents that let air circ thru aren't covered, are they? Deep carpet or something on top might be a cause. And you might want to check the incoming voltage- if this can't be done easily move it to another room, friends house, take it off the ext cord.
Sorry for not being more active here. I've been extremely busy lately and there isn't much to keep me coming back.
Just want to respond on this matter. If it counts for anything, I've had my Wii for over a year and it hasn't had a single overheating problem yet. It does get somewhat hot at times, but never hot enough to impact performance or cause severe problems as in the case of the XBOX 360.
Also, if it counts for anything, I played Super Mario Galaxy for 5+ hours straight the weekend after I got it and beat the entire game in no more than 3 or 4 days and besides the pain of having to replace batteries in the "Wii remote," nothing bad happened.
Overheating is not a major problem with the Wii, and anyone who is pondering about getting one should have no worries. Overall, it's a very well-designed and stable system and doesn't have the death rate of the 360 or the size/price factor of the PS3. In terms of stability, it's certainly the best console out there.
Officially retired
One more thought- you can tell the fan is running in the beast, can't you? I mean, hear it, see it - feel the breeze. Even if you won it, the factory warranty should be good. 90 days should get it fixed or get you a new one.
doesn't matter where you got the Wii, bought it or won in a contest, call Nintendo they will replace it.
I've had my Wii since last Christmas, never had a problem with overheating. Had a few times where it's been played for several hours in a row.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
We haven't had any problems with ours. We have had ours since early summer.
[url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]
My kids now have a Wii and over the last 36 hours it has probably been on more hours than off and I have seen no problems.
Not sure if you are useing a surge protector or not BUT I have seen electronis equipment act a bit flaky on dirty power on more than one occation
nope no surge protector no ext cors just hooked str8 into the outlet, my son said he played call of duty for about an hour and it worked for that long
Bookmarks